[Q-e-developers] QE release (was: svn revision # for QE 5.0.3)

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Jan 28 14:47:10 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 05:33 -0600, William Parker wrote:

> Version 5.0.3 looks to be svn version 9656 from the diff patch.

it is a little bit more messy, unfortunately:
* v.5.0.2 is svn version 9656 (not 9392 as in the original 5.0.2
  release: the mechanism that keeps track in the code of svn
  revision number didn't work as expected);
* v.5.0.3 is v.5.0.2 plus the patches (there is no svn revision
  corresponding to v.5.0.3, because the various fixes have arrived
  too late, when the repository had already included many other
  changes that were not ready for release).

Since we are talking about releases, everybody please take note:
In view of the next QE release (v.5.1) please state if there are
new developments that aren't yet in the svn trunk but should be
in the next release. If these are stable and do not risk breaking
anything, please commit them ASAP. If you are aware of important
bugs to be fixed, please fix them or report them. If you have any
other observations or issues to raise, please speak now.

> --William
>
> On Jan 27, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Max Hutchinson <maxhutch at gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
> > QE version 5.0.3 doesn't show up in the SVN tags directory, and I can't find a log mentioning that version number.  Which SVN revision number does 5.0.3 correspond to?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Max

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,