[Q-e-developers] SOGGA exchange

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu Jan 2 20:01:20 CET 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 10:13 -0800, Wellendorff, Jess wrote:

> It appears to me that the implementation of the SOGGA xc functional
> is incomplete in Modules/funct.f90.

oops...I made a quick fix, please try the svn version.

About your next question: it is quite common that new functionals
are added first in the spin-unpolarized version. I don't know
exactly what the state of spin-polarized vdW functionals is, but
they were not implemented at all some time ago.

P.

> The SOGGA exchange has igcx=17, but this case is not implemented in
> the gcxc and gcx_spin subroutines. Using SOGGA in the current
> implementation is therefore equivalent to "input_dft='sla+pw+pbc' ",
> i.e. LDA exchange + PBE correlation.
>

> Sincerely,
> Jess Wellendorff

> Dr. Jess Wellendorff
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> SUNCAT Center for Interface Science & Catalysis
> SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, U.S.A.

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,