[Q-e-developers] MPI problems with ELPA

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:44:19 CEST 2013

Dear Gabriele, Dear Carlo,

the ELPA library that is included and self-compiled by QE is unfortunately old. I tried to update it time ago but they have a unfriendly way to package it so…. I give up. There should be a past discussion in this mailing-list about ELPA, the packaging and how to ship it with QE.

Anyway, the latest version available is 2013.08. I do not know Gabriele if you have access to ELPA repository (they will change the policy to distribute the library sooner or later….) so I've just uploaded the latest version here: http://www.syslab.disco.unimib.it/~fspiga/ELPA_2013.08.tar.gz

You have to compile it (and you can also be able to activate specific optimization for specific processors) and link it to QE manually. Not difficult.

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/filippospiga ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert