[Q-e-developers] Poll: executable names

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Nov 19 16:21:10 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 15:50 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> Please have a look at the following poll about names
> of executables for pre-packaged QE, courtesy of Axel:
>  http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=528b47cee4b0988a5cf297a0

Axel has a good point. The name.x (name being very many names of
executables in QE) is prone to name clashes when targeting toward Linux
distributions, etc.

However, I would propose a variation on a theme of the Axel's second
proposal, i.e.:

qe-pw.x, qe-ph.x,  .... for Linux/Unix
qe-pw.exe, qe-ph.exe, .... for Windows

The reason for this amendment is that over the years I got so much used
to *.x suffix.

Regards, Tone
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html