[Q-e-developers] Phonon spectrum calculation in non-zero temperature.

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sat Nov 9 14:31:54 CET 2013

Dear Uri,

the best strategy (albeit complex) is to use the recent approach
published (I guess one week ago) by Errea/Calandra/Mauri one week ago,
although I presume you could do thermodynamic integration across a
a Bain path (for bcc to hcp see
http://web.mit.edu/~kpersson/www/PRB_Febcchcp.pdf ).

Also, are you absolutely sure that the bcc at zero temperature
has negative frequencies? (it might well be, but if not sure double
check).

			nicola