[Q-e-developers] New GBRV ultrasoft pseudopotentials

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Fri May 31 14:46:38 CEST 2013

Dear developers,
I casually stumbled on a new pre-print from the Vanderbilt group,
describing a new complete database of Ultrasoft pseudopotentials. Abstract:
/The increasing use of high-throughput density-functional theory (DFT)
calculations in the computational design and optimization of materials
requires the availability of a comprehensive set of soft and
transferable pseudopotentials. Here we present design criteria and
testing results for a new open-source "GBRV" ultrasoft pseudopotential
library that has been optimized for use in high-throughput DFT
calculations. We benchmark the GBRV potentials, as well as two other
pseudopotential sets available in the literature, to all-electron
calculations in order to validate their accuracy. The results allow us
to draw conclusions about the accuracy of modern pseudopotentials in a
variety of chemical environments. //
/<http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.5973>

The open-source pseudopotentials database is available, in the QE UPF
format at <http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/gbrv/>.

As the request for well-tested pseudopotentials is one of the most
common in the mailing lists, I hope to do something appropriate by
publicizing this new database (I am no linked to GBRV in any way).

For each USPP there is also a PAW dataset, but only in the  abinit
format. If someone has any experience with that, it would be nice to
convert them to the UPF format. I'm available to give all the possible
help with the QE format.

best regards

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto