[Q-e-developers] Ni.pbe-mt_fhi.UPF 14 4f electrons?!?

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sun Jun 23 18:07:18 CEST 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-23 at 12:41 +0100, Davide Tiana wrote:

> not sure if I should have sent this here or in the general
> mailing-list

here it is fine

> if not please someone explain me the theoretical reason why there are
> 14electrons in the 4f shell

very simple: the format of abinit PP does not contain information about
the occupancy of atomic states, so it has to be provided manually.
It's not difficult to make a mistake in a couple of files out of 100.
There shouldn't be however no consequence, apart from a weird starting
charge.

I have uploaded new files with the correct occupancy, ar at least, this
is what I hope. Thank you for reporting this problem

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,