[Q-e-developers] threshold for diagonalization

stefano de gironocoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Jun 21 16:06:53 CEST 2013

I think the idea was that the threshold is set such that the band energy
(the sum of the eigenvalues) is converged well within  tr2...
where "well within" means apparently a factor of 10

this is the recipe used in the scf calculation as well because you don't
want the scf error to be spoiled by the error in the eigenvalue sum.

stefano