[Q-e-developers] ELPA library detached from the main code

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 17:21:23 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 03:06:16PM +0000, Filippo Spiga wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:07, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> > Note that their License currently is a bit odd, you can find the
> > (apparently official) COPYING in the CP2K tree:
>
> I am going to update our tar.gz as soon as I can.

By the way, we had some discussions with one of the ELPA authors, and it
appears possible they might change their license to standard LGPL in the
future.

> > I am wondering, did you have to modify ELPA in order to integrate it
> > into QE, or are you just providing a tarball of their unchanged
> > repository?
>
> Actually I can make changes and I also have ideas but because I do not
> have access to their repository I decided to do nothing at the moment.

You could still send them patches via email I guess, but that seems more
onerous than really necessary.

> I requested a new version time ago but they did not reply.

I also requested access some months ago and (to the best of my
knowledge) never heard back from them on that matter.  Maybe they have
some adminstrative troubles.  I will try to request access again and see
how it goes.

Hiding a git repository behind a login is not best way to attract
contributions anyway.

Michael