[Q-e-developers] Need help from a confi-guru

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:21:34 CEST 2013

On 04/05/2013 02:12 PM, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> Can anybody speaking configurese explain what is wrong
> in the attached version of configure.ac (modified from
> the latest svn version)? autoconf produces a configure,
> but "./configure" stops with an error when performing
> the test on MKL. I am trying to figure out a way to make
> all possible tests on all possible mkl configurations
> in a less verbose way.

Can you try to use "-mkl=cluster" (scalapack) and "-mkl=sequential"? It
is used in most recent versions of mkl and I have the impression that it
is more reliable than selecting the libraries by hand.
> Two more questions:
> 1) how do I make a check:
>      if test "condition 1" OR "condition 2"; then ... fi;

type "help test" in bash for more info, anyway:
EXPR1 -o EXPR2 True if either expr1 OR expr2 is true
i.e.
test a == a -o a == b ;

2) there are many tests like the following
     if test "$this" = $that"; then ... fi;
   but there are also several test with a double == :
     if test "$this" == $that"; then ... fi;
   Are they the same?

they are equivalent, but test in principle only uses a single "="

cheers

--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris