[Q-e-developers] About non-consistent band structure of using electric field of PWSCF

Kelvin Xiaoqing Tian xqtian at szu.edu.cn
Tue Oct 30 14:44:50 CET 2012

Dear developers,

I have a question about: efield, use it to calculate the bandstructure of a system with Z direction have an electric field of 0.001 a.u.

I know I can use efield_cart(3)=0.001 for scf calculation by automatic generated k-mesh,

But for ‘bands’ calculation, with specified k points, how should I set efield to get band structure calculation with Z axis electric field = 0.001 au, x, y direction with 0 electric field?

Thanks,

Kelvin