[Q-e-developers] Problems converging anions in vacuum

Oliviero Andreussi oliviero.andreussi at epfl.ch
Fri May 11 12:35:31 CEST 2012

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks a lot for your answer. We also thought about some physical origin
of the problem and the vacuum delocalization was also one of our main
guesses. We want to use larger cells because even with pcb correction
schemes, the energy is not converged enough for the smaller cells. We
tried the smearing, but it didn't work. We looked at the density plots
exactly to try to figure out where the electrons are going, but it does
not seem like they are going into the vacuum (see the pictures attached
in the first post). I admit that on this point I do not understand those
plots enough to make any judgement, the mail was sent with this purpose.
VdW-DF is an option, as well as EXX, we will try those is nothing works
with normal functionals.
Thanks,

Oliviero