[Q-e-developers] Google Summer Of Code

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Mar 9 16:55:39 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 16:41 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 21:06 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
>
> > I am writing an application for the QE foundation as mentoring
> > organization to the "Google Summer of Code" (deadline 9 march).
>
> done (thanks to Riccardo: I was giving up). The "Ideas" page
> is here: http://foundation.quantum-espresso.org/?page_id=44
> If you have remarks, corrections, better (or no worse) ideas,
> please let me know.

Paolo,

I just got an additional simple idea which is somewhat connected to ASE,
which can be used as ideas @ google summer of code.
Namely, there is already a similar scripting interface that is specific
for Quantum Espresso, its name is PWTK.
http://pwtk.qe-forge.org/
http://qe-forge.org/projects/pwtk/

It is smaller and more limited than ASE but nevertheless functional,
flexible and working. It has some very useful productivity-oriented
features. It is written in Tcl, but because python is getting
increasingly and Tcl decreasingly popular one may consider to write also
a python implementation of PWTK.

Regards, Tone

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html