[Q-e-developers] Polar mode contributions to permittivity

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Dec 19 20:00:35 CET 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 18:22 , William Parker wrote:

> I was wondering if the SI values of vacuum permittivity and
> permeability are defined somewhere. I couldn't find them.  Would
> they be more appropriately added to Modules/constants.f90 instead
> of my subroutine in PHonon/PH/dynmat.f90?

I don't think they are. Until now they have never been needed, since
everything
is in atomic units (unfortunately not everything is in the same set
of atomic units!)

In any event, the proper place where to add constants is definitely
the file
Modules/constants.f90 . There are still a few stray constants around,
but
most of them have been catched and moved to/replaced by Modules/
constants.f90

> I'll be happy to commit the changes once I get feedback on the
> above question.

good, thank you!

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,