[Q-e-developers] Compiling error on Cray XE6 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:05:13 CEST 2012

Ciao Gabriele,

On Aug 20, 2012, at 8:22 PM, Gabriele Sclauzero <gabriele.sclauzero at epfl.ch> wrote:
> However, I've discarded the latter because it was apparently not possible to link against MKL scalapack (which is a bad thing, since you usually want to study big systems on those machines), since they usually come with OpenMPI and Intel MPI flavors only. The user support at CSCS got in touch with Cray staff on that issue, but they weren't able
> to provide a solution. Has any of you succeeded in doing this?

I do not remember explicitly this Intel + Intel MKL ScaLAPACK issue on CRAY... Did you try Intel + LibSci? PGI + CRAY LibSci works perfectly. I do not see any potential problem to use LibSci also with Intel…

> My CCE compiled version is a bit faster than the PGI one, but I did not have any previous experience with these compilers. A member of CSCS staff also managed to compile with both PGI and CCE, and his PGI build was slightly faster than my CCE. So, if you are familiar with PGI, you should probably stick to that.

Do you have the make.sys used by CSCS people? Or can you put me in contact with the guy who managed to compile the code? The fact is... if they improvements comes from special flags or linking sequence we can basically include them in the configure and…  it's a win/win!

Rosa is back in production. i can try some combination during this week…

Cheers,
F.

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc., Ph.D. Candidate
CADMOS - Chair of Numerical Algorithms and HPC (ANCHP)

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert