[Q-e-developers] [Q] hybrid functional support at Quantum Espresso

B. Jeon bjeon at seas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 23 20:25:01 CEST 2011

Dear Developers of QE:

Hi, I am a postdoctoral researcher working at Harvard, and am trying to
use QE for hybrid functional analysis of metal oxides, like VO2 and
SmNiO3.

Seems that QE supports hybrid functionals like HSE (from the
introduction of website) but I couldn't find any guide or explanations
of employed parameters like nqx, screening_parameters. Are those hybrid
functional under development yet?

Also some elements like V have only uspp pseudopotential, but they seem
not supported yet. Only Trouillers-Martin type ?

Any comment regarding hybrid functionals of HSE will be greatly
appreciated. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

ByoungSeon Jeon