[Q-e-developers] noncollinear transport in PWCOND

Su Ying Quek suyingquek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:37:51 CET 2011

Dear Prof. Smogunov,

Hello, I am a former colleague of Oleg Yazyev who had previously used the
PWCOND code for transport calculations. He highly recommends it. I have just
moved to Singapore to start my own research and am interested in exploring
the possibility of doing noncollinear transport calculations with it.

I notice that you mention on your webpage that noncollinear magnetism is a
capability of PWCOND, but it is not part of the standard input parameters.
Looking at the source, it does seem that it has been implemented, but the
do_cond subroutine does not have 'noncolin' or 'npol' as inputs.

Please may I know how I can study noncollinear transport with your code?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Su Ying