[Q-e-developers] GPL evolutionary algorithm interfaced with QE

ezurek at buffalo.edu ezurek at buffalo.edu
Sun Sep 26 05:46:43 CEST 2010

Dear QE developers,

sorry for emailing the whole list! But I thought some of you, or your
users might find it useful to know that we have written an evolutionary
algorithm designed to predict crystal structures, as an extension to the
Avogadro molecular editor. Both our program "XtalOpt", as well as
"Avogadro" are released under the GPL. One of the codes that XtalOpt has
been interfaced with is Quantum Espresso.

More info can be found at:
http://xtalopt.openmolecules.net/wiki/index.fcgi/

Best Regards
Eva