[Q-e-developers] Quantum Espresso Online manual

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Oct 6 12:52:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 12:44 +0200, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> Stefano de Gironcoli wrote:
> > ciao Paolo,
> >   my gif images are garbage as yours. but maybe I found a way.   I
> > modified the Makefile replacing "--image_type gif" with "--image_type
> > png" in the  latex2html commands  and looks like it  works.
>
> oh well. I had done the same with no result, but now I realize that I
> hadn't made the change in the correct place. Thank you, problem solved.
> One of these days I'll update the on-line manuals
>
> Tone: any special reason to have gifs instead of png? I think you
> set most of the options for latex2html

Yes, there is. The tcl/tk's HTML browser the pwgui uses can only handle
GIF and not the superior PNG.

I don't understand why the GIF is so bad? what is the problem?

regards, tone

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html