[Q-e-developers] Invitation to a WATOC 2011 satellite

francesc Illas f.illas at qf.ub.es
Fri Nov 19 16:20:20 CET 2010

  Dear colleagues,

as you probably know, the 9^th World Congress of the World Association
of Theoretical and Computational Chemists (WATOC), will take place on
July 17^th to 22^nd , 2011 in Santiago de Compostela, Spain
(http://www.watoc2011.com). The /Institut de Química Teòrica i
Computacional de la Universitat de Barcelona /(IQTCUB) and /Xarxa de
Referència d'I+D+I en Química Teòrica i Computacional de Catalunya/
(XRQTC) organize a Satellite Meeting "*Theoretical Modelling of
Materials*" in Barcelona (Spain) just before the WATOC 2011, starting on
July 13^th (noon) and finishing on July 15^th (noon). The Satellite
Meeting aims at sharing expertise and strategies in theoretical and
computational handling inorganic-, organic- and biomaterials.
(http://www.xrqtc.cat/index.php/ca/matworkshop)

We think it would be appropriate to have a presentation by some of the
developers of Quantum Expresso. I already sent an e-mail to Stefano de
Gironcoli who
I met in 2007 at the ACS meeting but so far I had no answer. Would you
please comments among the developers? We will really pleased
to invite a senior member of the team to attend the Satellite Meeting
and to give there a 45 minute keynote lecture on your recent research
related to the conference scope.
We expect that the Organizing Committee will be able to cover  thelocal
expenses during your stay in Barcelona. A limited contribution to your
travel expenses may also be considered on request.

We would be honored if you accept our invitation and kindly ask you to
confirm your participation and to provide a title of your presentation
by the end of
november. A short abstract of your talk will be needed by February 15th,
2011. More information will follow.
We are looking forward to hearing that you will attend the Meeting in
Barcelona.

With best regards on behalf of the Scientific and Organizing Committee
members,

Prof. Francesc Illas
Director of IQTCUB and XRQTC

--

Prof. Dr. Francesc Illas,

Departament de Química Física & Institut de Química Teòrica i
Computacional (IQTCUB),

Universitat de Barcelona

C/ Marti i Franques 1,

08028 Barcelona,

SPAIN

e-mail: francesc.illas at ub.edu

Group: http://www.ub.edu/cmsl (New!)

Personal: http://www.ub.edu/cmsl/xino.html (New!)

Phone 34-93-402 1229 / FAX 34-93-402 1231