[Wannier] Relaxation time for using Boltzmann wannier interface for thermal conductivity

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Thu Sep 6 12:40:11 CEST 2018

Dear Baidya,
To properly compute the relaxation time, you need to consider what are the scattering contributions (e.g. electron-phonon, …) and compute the scattering time with a code that can consider these effects.

Note that the constant-relaxation time (as implemented in BoltzWann) is a very crude approximation, more generally you will get a time that depends on the band and kpoint. If you get this information, extending the BoltzWann code to consider a (n,k)-dependent relaxation time should be relatively straightforward.

Best,
Giovanni