[Wannier] Defining projection for half-filled orbitals

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Fri May 18 08:46:00 CEST 2018

Dear Vahid,
I didn’t give a detailed thought to your system, but I give just a general suggestion: if you have two p-orbitals making a covalent bond, and you are looking at valence bands, a good starting point would be s-like projections mid-bond, where the bonding orbital would be peaked.

So I would try with mid-bond s orbitals (you have though to do some counting to see if this gives you the right number of projections).

Hope this helps,
Giovanni Pizzi

--
Giovanni Pizzi
Theory and Simulation of Materials and MARVEL, EPFL