[Wannier] unit cell and formula unit

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 16:38:11 CEST 2017

Dear Young-Joon,

 The AHC is reported in units of (Ohm cm)^-1 - it is a bulk property. So it should not matter if you study one unit cell, or 10, or 1000 unit cells, you should get the same answer. The fact that you get the same answer for the rhombohedral and hexagonal representations of the same crystal is a actually a nice validation of the method…
 By contrast, properties such as the orbital magnetisation are extensive (e.g. postw90 reports a magnetisation per unit cell)

 Jonathan