[Wannier] write wfc file

Mostofi, Arash a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 16:00:24 CEST 2017

Dear Haicheng,

pw2wannier90 is also able to run on multiple processors in my experience, but unless you set the input parameter “wf_collect" to “true" in the scf/nscf calculation input files, you must run it with the same number of processors as the scf/nscf calculations.

If you are using an HPC machine where the calculations are done on a set of compute nodes with some associated local hard disks, you many need to copy the wfc files generated by the scf/nscf calculations back to a suitable location where you can then reuse them for the pw2wannier90 calculation. Alternatively avoid this step by running the pw2wannier90 calculation back-to-back with the scf/nscf in a single workflow.

Best wishes,
Arash

—
Arash Mostofi — www.mostofigroup.org<http://www.mostofigroup.org>
Director, CDT in Theory and Simulation of Materials
Imperial College London