[Wannier] Cu2ZnSnSe and Cu2ZnSnS (Boltzwann Calculations)

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Wed Oct 19 13:46:29 CEST 2016

Dear Alex
if the band structure is the same, the results should be comparable.

There are two possible sources of difference that come to my mind:
1. The Wannier-interpolated band structure is different (e.g. because
the Wannierization is not converged). Did you check if WFs are real, and
the interpolated band structure is the same as the one calculated with VASP?

2. The interpolation procedure is different in the two codes. Did you
check in both codes that the results do not depend on the density of
k-points used for the interpolation/integration?

Also, the value that you state is evaluated at which chemical potential
and temperature?

Giovanni

On 10/17/2016 03:27 PM, Alex Gal Aziz wrote:

> Thanks for the message,
>

> I have done a check with one calculation with BoltzTRAP and Boltzwann
> using PBE+U. Although the trend seems to be the same, the values are
> not really the same. The BoltzTRAP calculation gives values about
> 100μV/K higher. Around 500μV/K for BoltzTRAP compared to 400μV/K for
> Boltzwann.
>

> I believe the error must be on my part, but changing the number of WF
> doesn't change the result. I have kept the Bandstructure frozen till
> about 1 eV above the lowest conduction band.
>

> Any ideas would be welcome.
>

> Thanks
>

> Alex Aziz
>
> PhD Student