[Wannier] how to read position matrix

Chong Wang ch-wang at outlook.com
Sun Nov 13 04:14:53 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

For some reason, I need access to position matrix elements of Wannier functions, i.e. <0n|r|Rm>. (see also eq.39 in "Ab initio calculation of the anomalous Hall conductivity by Wannier interpolation".)

I have found a subroutine named get_AA_R in get_oper.F90 in the source code. I have two questions:

1. Is it correct to just print out the AA_R matrix in get_AA_R subroutine? Are they just <0n|r|Rm>?

2. There's a comment saying: "

Since Eq.(44) WYSV06 does not preserve the Hermiticity of the Berry potential matrix, take Hermitean part (whether this makes a difference or not for e.g. the AHC, depends on which expression is used to evaluate the Berry curvature. See comments in berry_wanint.F90)

"

I don't find a file named berry_wanint.F90. Can anyone explain this to me?

Best!

Chong Wang

Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084