[Wannier] Tutorial about Wannier90 with the interface of VASP

szaboa szaboa at iis.ee.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 15 10:02:19 CET 2015

Dear Ming,
I wrote a small step-by-step tutorial on how to generate the Wannier
functions of single-layer MoS2 using VASP and Wannier90.
You can download it from here:
https://iis.ee.ethz.ch/~szaboa/MoS2_Wannier_tutorial.zip
The first few steps you might find useful if you are not familiar with
VASP (ionic relaxation, band structure calculation). It also includes a
Matlab script that helps visualizing the character of each state with
respect to the atomic orbitals if you calculated the s,p,d -projections
of the wavefunction with VASP. It helps in selecting the initial
projections for the Wannier transformation.
The very last step explains how to create the Hamiltonian of a
finite-sized device. You probably won't need it, unless you want to do a
self-consistent transport simulation.

Best,
Aron