[Wannier] Help: Optimising low lying bands for transport calculations

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Fri Jul 17 09:56:15 CEST 2015

Dear Jesse,

> Is there any way I can treat them (the lowest two bands)
> specifically/specially? If I'm not mistaken, when specifying a frozen
> window it must encompass the entire band which as you can see leads to
> something like 9 bands being in the frozen window not just the two I'm
> interested in.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean, but you don't need to freeze
the whole band; a suggestion I have is to set the frozen window at
(roughly) the Fermi energy, and see if you can converge.
Check instead to choose a outer window large enough to include the whole
bands (or anyway bands of similar symmetry, even if they are
disconnected due to anticrossing).

Best,
Giovanni

--