[Wannier] wout error by different version and KPOINTS

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Thu Nov 20 09:16:16 CET 2014

Dear Menghao Wu,

for 1: it is strange that with version 2.0 does not produce those files. Isn't there any error message? The wannier90.x part should be very similar to 1.2. Try contacting the VASP interface developers for more details.
Running wannier90.x with 1.2 and then postw90.x of v. 2.0 is not suggested, but may work (at some point I thought to remember that we changed something in the checkpoint file .chk needed by postw90.x to restart, but checking the source code seems to indicate that the file is generated in the same way in the two versions, so it may work). Note however that for some parts of the berry module, you need additional files to be generated, depending on what quantities you want to calculate. The generation of these files must be implemented in the VASP interface, so for this you should refer to the VASP interface developers (they are already implemented in the Quantum ESPRESSO interface).

for 2: without further info, this seems to me a problem in the VASP interface in the generation of the kpoints, you should try contacting them (unless someone in this mailing list can be of more help).

Best,

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Pizzi