[Wannier] adding two different systems or merging two systems to form one

Zeina Al-Dolami zaldolam at email.uark.edu
Thu Nov 13 22:04:16 CET 2014

Dr. Arash and Dr.Giovanni,
Thanks so much for your help. It worked and I got what I needed :)  I have
one more question that I am not sure about its answer. My question is that
what should I do to include or merge two systems together? To explain,
let's assume that I would need to find the quantum conductance for a system
that has a  carbon nano tube and a sheet of graphene. Also, let's assume
that I have already calculated the quantum conductance when they are
separated, i.e. each one is a system by itself. Now, I need to find the
quantum conductance for the whole system that has both in a device. Would
it be just identifying the positions and k points for that whole new system
or there is something else that I need to consider to investigate the
difference between bringing them together in one system and separated? Any
answer or hint is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Zeina
PhD candidate in MEPH
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72703