[Wannier] Possible bug in postw90/dos.F90

Brad Barker brad.barker.berkeley at gmail.com
Fri May 30 23:00:20 CEST 2014

Hello Wannier Mailing Group,

I am a new user of Wannier90. I have compiled Wannier90-2.0.0 on the NERSC
machine Edison, which uses an Intel compiler.

The below happens when I run postw90 to calculate Projected DOS
calculations on a subset of Wannier functions.

Using the default optimization flag in the make.sys file

FCOPTS=-O2
LDOPTS=-O2

postw90 produces the error message

forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

and the execution is terminated.

Modifying the make.sys file to include more debugging flags

FCOPTS=-O2 -g -traceback -check all -fp-stack-check
LDOPTS=-O2 -g -traceback -check all -fp-stack-check

produces the messages

forrtl: warning (402): fort: (1): In call to KMESH_GET_BVECTORS, an array
temporary was created for argument #4

forrtl: warning (402): fort: (1): In call to I/O Write routine, an array
temporary was created for argument #2

for each processor, and now postw90 executes successfully.

I am unsure if the developers and the community are aware of this problem
or possible bug fixes in postw90/dos.F90.

Thank you,
Bradford Barker
University of California, Berkeley