[Wannier] Phase of plot of wannier functions

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Tue Dec 16 10:31:37 CET 2014

Dear all,

indeed, as Elias says, one has to store a real-valued function in the
XSF file.

 From plot.F90 in the Wannier distribution:

     ! fix the global phase by setting the wannier to
     ! be real at the point where it has max. modulus

(the lines below this comment have the implementation). Then, in the
function internal_xsf_format (in the same plot.F90 file), only the real
part of the functions you get with the 'phase fixing' mentioned above
are printed to the XSF file.

This should explain the behavior you notice.

Best,
Giovanni