[Wannier] Dissentanglement and Wannier Function Character

Arash Mostofi a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 31 00:03:48 CET 2013

Dear Rio,

Regarding your first question, it is possible to glean some information
about the character of the Wannier functions without explicitly plotting
them. The idea is to consider projections of the Wannier functions onto
simple trigonometric functions - the relative magnitude and sign of
these integrals may enable you to determine the symmetry of the Wannier
function. These integrals come for free once you've done the underlying
electronic structure calculation in a plane-wave basis. With the PWscf
interface to Wannier90, they can be written to a file by setting
"write_unkg=.true." in the input file for pw2wannier90. More details can
be found in the Appendix of the paper by Shelley et al:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2011.05.017 and in the Wannier90 User
Guide (v2.0), Section 7.3.

Regarding your second question, not unless you add the code to the
interface between Wannier90 and the underlying electronic structure code
to calculate them. The PWscf interface only has the ones listed in the
user guide. Developers of other codes may have added more.

Best wishes,

Arash

--
Dr Arash A Mostofi