[Wannier] symmetry in wannier

Arash Mostofi a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 22 09:36:07 CEST 2013

Dear Ding,

(as usual we would be grateful if you would please add your affiliation
so that we know a little bit more about you)

An issue that I think is related to your question was briefly discussed
in a previous thread

http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/wannier/2012-August/000573.html

Alternatively, any crystal symmetries can be explicitly preserved by
generating WFs through projection only (eg, onto a set of trial orbitals
that have the desired symmetries; sometimes referred to as
"symmetry-adapted" WFs in the literature), rather than the usual
procedure of projection followed by iterative refinement of the subspace
and gauge. See Sections II.I.1 and II.I.2 of Rev Mod Phys 84, 1419
(2012) for more details.

In Wannier90 it is relatively straightforward to perform the subspace
selection step by projection only: the number of iterative steps used
for the disentanglement procedure needs to be set to zero.

Best wishes,

Arash

--
Dr Arash A Mostofi