[Wannier] large Im/Re

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 5 21:01:57 CEST 2013

Jennifer,

 Your WF are 'nearly' real. I think the problem might be due to the positioning of the windows. You see from the band-structure of copper that if your frozen window is a little too high you force your WF to capture the character of some different bands. So in this case the inner window can only be a few eV above the Fermi level (if you wanted to capture higher bands, you might try 9 MWLF).
 It is helpful to compare the bands from PWSCF to those computed by W90 - that will guide you to a good choice for the windows.

 Copper is a well studied example - it was in the original disentanglement paper of Souza, Marzari and Vanderbilt. You will find input files for copper as example06 of the Wannier90 distribution. This will converge to give real MLWF in small number of steps.

Yours
  Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/