[Wannier] WG: Wannier examples crash with segmentation fault

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 23:10:57 CET 2012

On 19 Mar 2012, at 17:25, Kristof Karhan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have tried to install wannier90 as an Extension to Quanutm Espresso 4.3.2.
> The installation itself seems to go well ( see the output of make below)
> , but when I run the example calculations, test1 exits with a segmentation fault (see below), whereas test2 fails because of wrong eigenvalues.
> I have attached the files wantest.log, and the wannier.wout files of both tests. The system I work on is a Intel Westmere/Woodcrest computer cluster with
> PU_IAS Linux operating system
> (More Information on Hardware: http://www.princeton.edu/researchcomputing/computational-hardware/machine-2/
> And on software: http://www.princeton.edu/researchcomputing/computational-hardware/machine-2/software/ )
>
> Has anyone experienced this and/or can help me? Please tell me if I provided  insufficient information.

Kristof,

 This is almost certainly a problem with the blas library you have linked to.
Perhaps you could link to Intel's MKL blas instead.

Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/