[Wannier] pw2wannier90.x: something wrong

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 22:44:10 CEST 2012

On 27 Jun 2012, at 20:13, Pedro Augusto F. P. Moreira wrote:

>   I am stil trying to use the pw2wannier90.x, but I have obtained the
> following error:

> At line 700 of file pw2wannier90.f90 (unit = 99, file = 'h2o.nnkp')
> Fortran runtime error: Bad integer for item 1 in list input
>
>  Can anyone give a suggestion why this error is happening? My inputs
> and output follow bellow.

Pedro,

 It seems that pw2wannier90 has a problem reading the nnkp file when no projections are defined. I'm surprised that we haven't spotted this before - anyhow we will fix pw2wannier90 and push the changes back to the QE developers.

Assuming you actually don't want to use projections, there are a couple of ways around this:

First, in your pw2wannier90 input file you should set compute_amn=.false.

Then either:

1- define some projections in the win file (even if you are not going to use them)
or
2- edit the nnkp file to read
begin projections
0
end projections

Both do the same job.

Jonathan

**Job Advert**
Postdoc position in First Principles Simulation at Oxford University
https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/