[Wannier] Wannier90 for OpenVMS

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Thu Apr 26 10:54:42 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I created a port of WANNIER90 for OpenVMS. Doing this I stumpbled on a
coding error (see below). Info on the port can be found at:
 http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html#WANNIER

The patch file contains files of the following kinds:
  descrip.mms  : These are the OpenVMS variants of the makefiles
  src/*.F90    : Changed some compiler directions (aliasses) to get the
                 right LAPACK routines linked in.
  src/plot.F90 : In fortan when concatenating a string always the whole length
                 specified is used regardless the contents (not like C where
		 the character-0 terminates the string) Therfore some
		 concatenations were meaningless because the righthandside
		 of the equal sign conactenated something at a location
		 larger than the string at the lefthand-side.
		 I changed the code slightly to overcome the problem (marked
                 with #ifdef VMS ... #endif)
  src/getarg.F90
  src/iargc.F90 : Added OpenVMS-code for these non-standard functions
  tests/*vms.pl : OpenVMS variant of the perl-script. Corrects for the fact
                  that filesyntax for OpenVMS is different.

Please feel free to include these changes into the next version of WANNIER90

        Regards
	    Jouk

P.S.

I noticed in src/Plot.F90 strings containing "\0" . Is it realy menat to
contain "\0" or is this C-like code meant to include the 0 character? If it
is the latter, note that this is not garanteed to work for Fortran (i.e. it does
not on OpenVMS). the standard way to do this is the use of char(0). The same
hold for all other "special" characters.

                       JJ

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
    (free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
     Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd