[Wannier] about the wannier90_hr.dat file

Gianluca Giovannetti gianluca.giovannetti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:57:27 CET 2011

Dear youngsu

thank you for the reply.

the building block of the unit cell i`m working with it is made of sites
which are molecules.

then the main point is that i`m working with molecular orbitals.
the wavefunction of each molecular orbital is a combination of atomic
wavefunctions of the ions sitting to form each molecule.

i see difficult to feed this input in WANNIER90 and this is the reason to
choose "random" (for 3 of the 4 wavefunctions in the listed case seems to
work).

molecular orbitals have in general small overlap and this corresponds to
narrow bands.

cheers,

Gianluca