[Wannier] xaxis

Gianluca Giovannetti gianluca.giovannetti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 07:01:08 CET 2010

Dear Jonathan (and All),

as i understand the flag xaxis helps to converge the WFs function to the
correct one but it doesn`t change the local and internal  frame which is set
from PW calculations.

I had a look to the paper suggested.
I get Wannier functions which have correct shape and they are the same
starting from different starting guess.
probably i`m in the correct minimum.

Then the only solution is to rotate the unit cell in PW calculations such to
have Wannier functions of Fe states with internal reference frame directed
along the Fe-Fe bonds (then pointing along o1-----2o bonds) from:

|    ---------------------
|    |   o1          +  |
|    |                    |
|    |                    |
|    |   -           2o |
|    ---------------------

|------------------------------ X

to (rotating the unit cell of 45 degree):

|                            +
|
|                  o1               2o
|
|                            -

X=1,0,0
Y=0,1,0
(Z=0,0,1 is pointing out of the plane)

Then i expect the Hlda(R)_n,m is written in the correct local frame.
Is this way correct?

thank you.

Gianluca