[Wannier] Wannier functions of molecular crystal

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:00:39 CEST 2010

On 14 Apr 2010, at 07:29, Gianluca Giovannetti wrote:

> Dear Jonathan,
>
> thank you for your reply.
>
> I think the symmetry of the WFs should be of p character.
>
> I have however one problem.
> I have 4 bands.
> The number of Carbon ions in one molecule is 22 (and there are 2 molecules).
>
> How can i set the flags:
>
> begin projections
>
> end projections
>
> in such case in order to avoid the code messagge: "param_get_projection: too many projections defined"?

Gianluca,

The short cut notion
C:pz
 would put a single p orbital on all C sites - so would lead to the error you describe.

To specify a p_z orbital on a single site you can use fraction or cartesian coordinates
 eg f=0,0.50,0:pz
Alternatively if you give the atoms on which you want to have projections a different name in the atom list eg 'C1' then you can just do C1:pz (see example10 - and Chapter 3 of the user guide)

 Yours
  Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/