[Wannier] wannier problem at compiling (solved)

Keith Ray yarrgk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:08:16 CEST 2009

I couldn't figure it out for a while, e-mailed the mailing list, then
finally figured it out a half hour later.  The problem (I think) was that
ATLAS suggests installing LAPACK first, then installing ATLAS.  However,
LAPACK needs a BLAS at installation.  Since I didn't have the ATLAS BLAS
(not installed yet) I provided another BLAS for the LAPACK initial
installation.  Perhaps this was bad simply because it wasn't the BLAS I
wanted to use later, or because this BLAS was compiled not using g95, I'm
not sure.  However, this seems like a pretty convoluted way to do it in
retrospect.

What I did instead, which seems to work (and make more sense), is install
ATLAS first, use that BLAS library for the LAPACK installation, then add the
extra LAPACK routines to ATLAS's.  Then wannier compiled!  (everything using
g95)

-Keith