[Wannier] Different num_wann setting for pw2wannier90.x and wannier90.x....

Han Hsu hsuhan at tyr.cems.umn.edu
Tue Jun 17 01:33:21 CEST 2008

Hello Wannier90 users and developers,

I am dealing with an insulator. Its valence band contains 46 bands. Among
these bands, 22 of them can be excluded, only the reminaing 24 bands are
needed for MLWFs.

When I ran pw2wannier90.x to calculate Amn, Mmn, and Unk, I did not realize
only 24 bands are necessary, so I set num_wann=46 in my *.win file, and got
46X46 Amn and Mmn.

Now I realize I only need 24 bands. Do I have to rerun pw2wannier90.x to
get 24X24 Amn and Mmn? Or can I directly run wannier90.x by setting
num_wann=24 with the previously calculated 46X46 Amn and Mmn?

Thank you very much for your reponse.

Han

Han Hsu, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Chemical Engineering & Materials Science
University of Minnesota
http://www.cems.umn.edu/~hsuhan