[Wannier] spread

Vivek Ranjan vranjan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:08:36 CEST 2008

I had asked the following question a few days back. I am trying to
calculate wannier function of BN sheet.
(i) I have a hard time reaching convergence. In about ten thousand
steps the spread seem reasonable. However, if I run longer, spread
increases once again on one of the sites (around 15 A).

(ii) There is no problem in convergence if the BN-plane is staggered.

(iii) I have attached one diagram with the mail. I asked for
"B:sp2;pz" in projections. But it seems to be centered on N (green)
and spread over three B (yellow). Seems like a large spread ?

(iv) The diagram depicts three wannier functions. I want only one....
How do I get rid of these images of the central one ?

I would appreciate some suggestion.

Thanks,

Vivek
Physics, NCSU