[Wannier] bug in wannier90?

Jonathan Yates jry20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 12:38:13 CEST 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Alexandre Volgin wrote:

> Dear Jonathan,
>
> I think there are some problems with wannier when I am launching it in a
> library mode:
> each time I have an error message:
> " Exiting.......
> plot_wannier: file UNK00001.1  not found "
> With an option wannier_plot=.true UNK00* files are not created (even if I ask
> it in pw2wan input file). So first I tried to launch calculations without
> "wannier_plot" option, after what files UNK have appeared. But I must launch
> wannier one more time to visualize them... Is it normal?

Alexandre,

  I understand the problem - it is actually a "bug" in pw2wannier90 not in
wannier90 itself.

  Here is part of pw2wannier90.f90 (comment lines omitted)

   if(wan_mode.eq.'library') then
      !
      call setup_nnkp
      call openfil_pp
      call ylm_expansion
      call compute_amn
      call compute_mmn
      call write_band
      call run_wannier                     ! <- this runs w90
      if(write_unk) call write_plot        ! <- this writes the UNK
      call lib_dealloc
      call stop_pp
      !
   endif

So you see we run w90 _before_ writing the UNK files. What I think we need
to do is reverse the position of the two commented lines ie

      if(write_unk) call write_plot        ! <- this writes the UNK
      call run_wannier                     ! <- this runs w90

  Then plotting works fine in library mode.

Arash, Stefano: Can you see any problems with making this change? -
otherwise we should check it into the cvs.

  Jonathan

--
Dr Jonathan Yates         |    Theory of Condensed Matter Group
Corpus Christi College    |    Cavendish Laboratory