[Wannier] Plotting several wannier functions in one unit cell?

Jonathan Yates jry20 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 17 22:45:00 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Sergey Levchenko wrote:

> Is there a way to plot several different Wannier functions in one unit
> cell? When I request several functions using wannier_plot_list,
> several different xsf files are generated.

Sergey,

  The quick answer to your question is that I do not know an easy way to do
this. But I can appreciate that it would be a useful thing to be able to
do....

  The xsf format is intended to be read by Xcrysden. As I understand it
Xcrysden is not able to plot multiple isosurfaces (ie several WF at once).
You could put several WF in a single xsf file - however, you are then only
able to plot a single isosurface over a linear combination of the WF -
which generally isn't helpful.

  In the near future we will add support for cube format. This is read by
several programs (jmol, vmd) and may help.

  Yours
    Jonathan

btw. If you have any suggestions for good crystal visualisation programs
that support multiple isosurfaces, we'd be interested to hear them - even
more so if someone will volunteer to write the wannier90 interface...

--
Dr Jonathan Yates         |    Theory of Condensed Matter Group
Corpus Christi College    |    Cavendish Laboratory