[Wannier] Fwd: XCrysDen question

Tadashi Ogitsu ogitsu at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 5 20:04:26 CEST 2006

Dear Wannier90 developers,

I've reported that XCrysden got an error in reading the output (xsf
file) from wannier90 last week. I've gotten the feedback from Tone,
the developer of the crysden as below. So, it was not designed to
deal with more than 100 atoms... I understand.

May I suggest not to use a fixed format as it often causes not only
the format length problem but the precision problem. (i.e., you reuse
the output data for further processing, where you don't have the
double precision anymore) I know it is mostly for peace of mind, but
people do crazy (unexpected use) things (like me)! Let me know if it
sounds reasonable proposal.

Tadashi

Begin forwarded message: