[QE-users] Choosing convergence criteria for vc-relax

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:47:07 CEST 2019

Dear Nicola,
I am looking forward to reading the "short thing on this"!
Can you comment on the widespread (?) practice of using much lower than
recommended (say, 2/3 or 1/2) ecutwfc for geometry optimization until a
minimum is found, and then increasing cutoffs until convergence is
achieved? Is it generally a good idea?

Best regards,

Michal Krompiec

Associate Director at Merck KGaA and Adjunct Prof at University of
Southampton