[QE-users] Generating fractional charged hydrogen PPs

dv009200 at fh-muenster.de dv009200 at fh-muenster.de
Wed May 15 09:43:48 CEST 2019

Dear Felix,

a few months ago I had the same question. As you can read in the archive
entry posted from Paolo.
After generating pseudopotentials in the same way Paolo suggested I moved
on and tried the same procedure with the PSlibrary ld1.x input files for
hydrogen. I just simply replaced zed, config, zval and ocs (in the
PseudoPotentialGenerationCard (see also the ld1.x input description)) to
these fractional charges I was interested in. Below is my input for the
generation of a NC-PBE hydrogen pseudopotential with a fractional charge
of 0.5.

 &input
   title='H'
   zed=0.5
   rel=0
   config='1s0.5'
   iswitch=3
   dft='PBE'
/
 &inputp
   zval=0.5
   lpaw=.false.
   pseudotype=1
   file_pseudopw='/home/Dominik/Desktop/PP/H.pbe-nc_0.5.UPF'
   lloc=0
   tm=.true.
 /
1
1S  1  0  0.50  0.00  0.80  1.00  0.0

But beware! Afterwards I worked on some other topics and never really had
the time to check the convergence and transferability and therefor can't
give you a statement how good these are. Although the produced geometries
and electronic structures were reasonable for my systems.

For the generation of USPP and PAW pseudopotentials I ran into some errors
which I weren't able to solve. So if you are generating some I would
kindly ask you to keep me updated about that since I'm interested in that
topic as well (but as mentioned don't have time for that right now)?

Best regards

Dominik

Dominik Voigt, M.Sc.
PhD Student