[QE-users] pw.x stuck.

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu May 9 21:22:03 CEST 2019

You are mixing two different ways to indicate cell parameters

    ///---
       EITHER:

       Variable:       celldm(i), i=1,6

       Type:           REAL
       See:            ibrav
                       Specify either these OR
"A","B","C","cosAB","cosBC","cosAC" NOT both.
                       Only needed values (depending on "ibrav") must
be specified
                       alat = "celldm"(1) is the lattice parameter "a"
(in BOHR)
                       If "ibrav"==0, only "celldm"(1) is used if present;
                       cell vectors are read from card "CELL_PARAMETERS"

       OR:

       Variables:      A, B, C, cosAB, cosAC, cosBC

       Type:           REAL
       See:            ibrav

                         a,b,c in ANGSTROM
                         cosAB = cosine of the angle between axis a
and b (gamma)
                         cosAC = cosine of the angle between axis a
and c (beta)
                         cosBC = cosine of the angle between axis b
and c (alpha)

                       The axis are chosen according to the value of
@ref ibrav.
                       Specify either these OR @ref celldm but NOT both.
                       Only needed values (depending on @ref ibrav)
must be specified.

                       The lattice parameter alat = A (in ANGSTROM ).

                       If @ref ibrav == 0, only A is used if present, and
                       cell vectors are read from card @ref CELL_PARAMETERS.

    \\\---

This might be the cause of the strange behavior, supposing that your
machine has the ~4GB of free RAM to perform the calculation indicated
in the output. However, in the case of a regular hcp supercell you
should not need at all to indicate the cosAB and cosAC values.
HTH
Giuseppe